Energy Star Buildings
Johnson Custom Homes is a partner in the U.S. Environmental Protection Angency's and the U.S. Department of Energy's Energy Star program. Houses built using products and methods that meet Energy Star standards results in buildings that use 20 to 30 percent less energy than non-Energy Star buildings. Houses that use less energy is benificial to both the environment and the pocket book.
Johnson Cutom Homes uses ENERGY STAR qualified products and stategies in critical areas which result in lower energy demand and lessen a buildings impact on the environment.
1. Effective Insulation of the building envelope results in reduced energy use, and increased comfort.
2. High-Performance Windows employing advanced technologies, such as protective coatings and improved frames help keep heat in during winter and to keep heat out during summer.
3. Tight Construction and Sealed Ducts reduces air infiltration, which helps to reduce drafts, moisture, dust, pollen, and noise.
4. Efficient Heating and Cooling Equipment uses less energy to operate, and improve the overall comfort of the home.
5. Efficient Products, which include high effeciency lighting fixtures, compact fluorescent bulbs, ventilation fans, and Energy Star appliances, such as High Effeciency Water Heaters, Dishwashers, Washing Machines etc.
If you’d like to learn more about Energy Star, click on the following link: